Every CEO, president or business owner wants to be successful and to grow a profitable business.
If you are a CEO, president or business owner and you find yourself saying:
I want to make MORE profit. I want to grow my business.
How am I going to do that?
Add equipment in or outside of the office?
Run more advertising?
What else can I do to grow a profitable business?
You can do many things which will all impact the company’s bottom line and influence in the marketplace.
Here is the number one strategy to grow a profitable business just by remembering this phrase:
Grow your people; grow your business.
- Hire the right people. Attitude first. Then skills, talent, experience, education.
- Train your employees on a continual basis. Not just when initially hired. Even your highest performing employees need ongoing training.
- Keep employees updated about the company. Knowledge only will make everyone better at what they do.
- Create a culture employees will enjoy working in every day.
- Hire self-motivated individuals but also motivate everyone you work with.
- Have goals on a company-wide basis and individually.
- Take time to know your co-workers and staff; who they are; how they think in a work environment.
If you can grow the people you work with to…
- Understand the company’s products and services better
- Bring in more sales
- Perform according to, or exceed, job descriptions
- Light a fire of motivation to inspire
… then you are going to grow your business – or rather, you are going to grow a profitable business.. Note the distinction of the wording as it will make a difference in your thinking and level of success.
Just making a point of telling someone to “make more sales” or “be a better customer service representative” isn’t going to grow your business – or even improve your business. As the leader of your company you need to have employees and co-workers that understand and embrace the company mission. When this objective is met, the more successful the company and everyone who works for it will be.
Remember: To grow your people; to grow your business you need to take the initiative to grow yourself as a manager, a leader and as a CEO, president, founder or owner. Business growth starts with you at the top of the company.
Most people want to do a good, if not excellent, job. It’s the leader who leads them through the business day that’s going to make the difference in the level of success.
If you really want to be more successful – more profitable – and to grow your business then starting TODAY (not tomorrow, next week or next month) be thinking and putting into action how you are going to grow your people.
Make employees feel part of the business.
Make employees feel like they are part of a winning team.
Let employees know you appreciate the work they do on behalf of the company.
Then every day will bring more business growth.
To your success!
Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners to MORE success – MORE profit – less stress. Get MORE from your business. Talk business with Howard: 888-738-1855.
Published on the Nimble blog as a guest post.