Let’s start off with two questions: What is the basis for all business decisions? What is the basis for business success? The answer is: Strategy. You cannot out work the competition. It is not about having a bigger building, a better product, a better price, or even great employees (all of these are important but that’s not the solution to success.) Business decisions are a direct result of what comes from your brain. All your business answers are in your brain. Success comes from how you think about business. The current events in your life, business and community are probably constantly swirling around in your head. It is hard to think some days, isn’t it? That is fear rolling around in your head. To be able to think, you need to get fear out of your mind for business success.
There is much doubt, concern and anxiety about what may occur next in these unprecedented times. What does the future of business look like? That’s a question many CEOs, presidents and business owners are asking. Already the workplace is changing in ways not even thought possible to happen this rapidly. There is a lot of not knowing.
Business is working through a tremendous and sudden shift. When you let those worries and events seep into your brain, what happens is you cannot think through what is best to do; nor can you think about business strategy. That is what fear does.
You cannot use the experience – intelligence – will – drive and determination you have been gifted with and makes you successful when you are allowing the fear to take over your mind. If you can’t out think your competition, they will get the customers and you won’t. That’s why you need to get the fear out of your mind. The fear is taking up space meant for you to be innovative, productive and positive.
How To Get Fear Out Of Your Mind
Take a deep breath.
Take another deep breath.
One more deep breath.
Remove anything that may distract you.
Do everything you can to clear your mind.
Now, think about this:
- Think about what has made you successful in business.
- Think about what will make you successful in business. Today. This month. This quarter. This year. Next year.
Next, ask yourself:
- What is my strategy to keep business on track or to get business back on track?
Next, take out a blank piece of paper or a blank word document on your computer device of choice.
- What are you thinking about regarding business?
- Write down or type out everything that comes to your mind about business.
- Most of what you write may be worthless in the long term. But it is getting it out of your brain and down on paper. It may also lead you somewhere unexpected with profitable results!
- Some of what you write will be worthwhile and lead to innovations at your company and in your life, small and large.
- Do this every day. Set a specific time each day to do this and just let the thoughts, ideas and fears come forth. Once written down, allow your mind to lead you to solutions with an actionable plan.
- This time each day can be for 10 minutes. Or up to 30 minutes.
- Keep your daily notes in one place so thoughts can be referenced later, if necessary.
- Do not worry about what you write down. Just begin to write and allow the thoughts to flow.
- Remember: The goal is to think about business strategy. Dreams. Goals. How to make business better. How to make life better with less business stress and more business success regardless of what is happening in the news or in your industry. Think business. Think about how you can make it better.
- Schedule time NOW to think business strategy on your daily calendar!
The goal is to get the fear out of your mind.
What fear will do is absolutely destroy:
- Your thinking
- Your success
- Your hope (though hope is not considered a specific business strategy)
- Your dreams of what can be in your business and in your life.
What is described above is happening to many in business right now. Fear can paralyze you mentally to the point where you essentially do nothing with your business. Everything is at a standstill. You cannot make the necessary business decisions daily let alone once-in-a-lifetime situations.
A successful business keeps moving forward with direction from the CEO, president or business owner. That’s YOU!
Business Advice About Fear
Here’s my business advice: You must take fear on directly. Keep moving forward.
When you feel the fear creeping back in, say to yourself (no matter how many times a day):
I am not going to let the fear get me. I am going to think business. I am going to think strategy. I am going to think success. I am going to think what the next step is with my company. I am going to think about how I can help my employees. I am going to think about how I can help my customer/clients.
Let it be your daily mantra for business success in these uncertain times.
Strategy and clear thinking are the answer to lead you in the right direction no matter how difficult or challenging the business day may be. Don’t allow fear to devastate you or your business!
Remember: Leaders lead.
To your success!
Business expert and strategist, Howard Lewinter, guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners throughout the United States across a wide range of industries, to MORE success – MORE profit – less stress. Business people trust Howard’s vast business knowledge, practical advice, intuitive insight and objective perspective to solve business problems and issues. Get MORE from your business! Talk business with Howard: 888-738-1855.
- Howard talks more about fear and how it affects your business and leadership in this blog post: Recognize The Different Types Of Fear For Business Success
- Howard talks more about fear and how it affects your business and leadership in this blog post: The Enemy Of Business Success: Fear And Negativity