Do your customers consider you to be an expert?
It doesn’t matter what your job title is. Are you an expert at what you do?
People want to be surround themselves with people who are experts. Who are going to help them get to where they want to be. To help them in some way or another whether it’s personal or business related. It doesn’t matter if you are a CEO, business owner, a startup founder, a salesperson, an administrative assistant or if you’re a plumber. Experts are needed and necessary at every work level to fully succeed in every day life and business.
Have you ever asked yourself:
What is an expert?
An expert is someone who:
- Has confidence
- Understands what it takes to get the job done; and done right
- Has the necessary knowledge the customer is looking for and will feel comfortable with
- Fills in the blanks
- Thinks of things no one else does
- Is a people person
- Connects well with people
- Enjoys being around people
- Effectively communicates
- Understands the needs of others
- Knows how to direct their knowledge to help others
- Never stops learning
- Always wants to do the best job possible in the situation presented
One of the most important points listed about is: Experts never stop learning.
Learning is an ongoing process for business success.
Experts continue to:
- Seek information and to learn new things, however large or small, every day
- Maintain their expertise edge
- Want to make favorable impressions on others in and out of their field of expertise
- Be willing to share information and help others
- Doesn’t let a roadblock deter them. Instead, they seek a viable solution.
- Not be afraid of the competition
- Always be willing to give advice freely
Business experts always have a plan. They know where they’re going; what’s they’re going to do; how they’re going to do it. They know what they want to accomplish to achieve their business objectives and goals.
To be an expert you must decide what works for you; at the same time, what works for those you work with in order for people to consider you an expert.
Remember: When people are deciding who to work with or do business with, they are going to want to do business with you because they know – like – trust and consider you an expert.
Expertise in business is essential to success – your success, the success of your company and the success of your customer.
To your success!
Want to improve and grow your business? When was the last time you had a GREAT business conversation that moved your business forward? Talk with Howard! – 888-738-1855 – Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners for MORE success – MORE profit – less stress.
Published as a guest blog post on Linked Into Business.