Somewhere along the way, many business people have lost their old-fashioned business values and they just don’t know how to tell the truth. They don’t tell the truth to employees and co-workers, to vendors, or to customers. They think it’s a really clever and smarter way to do business. But the truth is: To tell the truth is a key to business success for CEOs, presidents and business owners.
Here are some examples:
- Hire an employee and make promises to the employee without any intention of keeping the commitment.
- Make big advertising claims about services or products but it’s just one huge exaggeration after another.
- Talk about quality standards yet it’s often lacking.
- Don’t follow through or live up to their word.
Even the ads on television, online or in magazines often can’t live up to hype or images when translated to real life.
Some of the biggest offenders today are found on the internet or on television infomercials.
- Grow a full head of hair in no time!
- Get rich in 30 days!
- Take these little pills and they will solve all of your problems!
As a CEO, president or business owner think about how you run your business.
- Do you carefully think through the commitments you make with customers and employees?
- Are you willing to go out of your way even though it may cost you money to keep your word with a customer or an employee?
- Or do you need to change how you do business in any way?
People make money in business and remain in business for many years by being trustworthy. One of the important ways to stay in business is to build your reputation with each sale. With every encounter with an employee, customer or vendor. Let customers get to know you and your company. The more they do the more they will come to trust your word and what the company represents. That’s why to always tell the truth is a key to business success.
To your success!
Want to improve and grow your business? Talk with Howard! – 888-738-1855 – Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners to MORE success – MORE profit – less stress.