As a CEO, president or business owner running a company, LinkedIn is an essential business marketing tool. That’s why this week on my Blog Talk Radio show, Talk Business With Howard, on the Wednesday Edition (January 9 at 11 AM/ET) the guest is Viveka von Rosen, who is internationally recognized as the “LinkedIn Expert“. Viveka will be talking about her recently published book, LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour A Day – plus tips on how to search your LinkedIn connections connections. LinkedIn is definitely a tool to incorporate into your 2013 business marketing. Thank you, Viveka, for being a guest on the radio show and for this guest blog post. -Howard-
LinkedIn: How To Search Your Connections Connections In 1 Easy Search by Viveka von Rosen
As I’m writing my presentation description for the Social Media Marketing World event in April, I am reminded that the true magic of social media is that it allows us to engage directly with those individual who are, or might be, influential to our businesses.
So I thought I would share a simple LinkedIn feature and strategy that will help you connect to your connection’s connections more easily. Why? Because it’s easier to do business with people you know, like and trust, and who know like and trust you. If you can find a trusted individual on LinkedIn, then you can search their network for people they know, like and trust. And either ask to get introduced to them, or contact them directly
PS – there’s a video here if that works better for you!)
How to Search your LinkedIn Connection’s Connections in 10 Easy Steps
- Find the profile of someone you know, like and trust.
- Make sure their connections are searchable – the number of connections will be blue
- Click on the connections number OR scroll down to their connections
- Click on the magnifying glass
- Type in your search keyword or phrase
- 1st level connections will show up first
- Hold your cursor over their picture to easily send them a message
- Click on the “next” arrow to see other results
- Ask your connection first if they are willing to introduce you, and then click on your connection’s connection and the “Get Introduced” link.
- If you don’t get the results you want, click on the “advanced” link in the Connections section to take you to an advanced search of your connection’s connections.
Viveka von Rosen is known internationally as the “LinkedIn Expert” and speaks to entrepreneurs, business owners, corporations, and associations on the benefits of marketing with social media, and in particular LinkedIn.
She is the author of “LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day” (Wiley, 2012) and has been listed on two of Forbes Most Influential People lists. She is the host of the biggest LinkedIn chat on Twitter: #LinkedInChat – every Tuesday night at 8 PM/ET. She is constantly learning, sharing and transferring social media skills and strategies to her tribe. For more on Viveka and for more LinkedIn tips, click here to visit her website, LinkedIntoBusiness.
Remember to join Viveka and me for an informative and lively discussion about LinkedIn marketing and making the most of your LinkedIn connections for business success in 2013. To listen to the radio show live on Wednesday, January 9 at 11 AM/Eastern Time, click here to go to the show page. Or bookmark this page to listen to the radio show replay which will be featured at the top of the page.