There’s no doubt about it: We live in a fast paced, ever changing world. That brings with it demands on our daily business lives and for many of us, a lot of business stress.
As a CEO, president or business owner, do you often find yourself stressed during the business day?
What are you stressed about?
Does it sometimes feel like you have a heavy burden on your head or on your shoulders?
That you’re constantly attempting to juggle a multitude of business problems and business issues?
In order to resolve the business stress, you need to:
Identify exactly what is creating or causing the stress.
- Is it because you’re not getting enough of your work done?
- Is it because your company doesn’t have enough incoming business?
- Is it because of a co-worker or employee you work with?
- Is it because of a client you work with?
- Do you have a computer or other office equipment that doesn’t work right and needs replaced?
- Do you need a different work space to improve your work flow?
- Is it because of company’s cash flow?
- Is it because of something else that needs addressed but you keep avoiding it hoping it will “just go away”?
Whatever the business problem or business issue is that is causing you worry, frustration and concern – in other words, stress, ask yourself:
- What are I going to do about it? When?
- Why do I continue to put up with the situation?
Set a timeframe. NOW.
- Identify the business situation you’re most stressed about.
- Sit down in a quiet place without distraction.
- Take a walk or meditate.
- Think through the circumstance.
- Determine what you need to work through.
- Analyze what the unintended consequences may be.
- Move forward with an action plan.
- Revise plan as needed.
But start addressing the business stress… NOW!
Why spend one more day being stressed about something that you don’t need to be stressed about?
If you solve the business problem or business issue, you will no longer be stressed. You’ll feel better. Then you can go on to the next business challenge.
Start being proactive about the business problems and issues you are faced with. Don’t permit small events to turn into big monsters you’re afraid to deal with. Why put all that stress on your mind and body? It’s not worth it!
In the words of Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith Show: “Nip it in the bud! You got to nip it in the bud! … Nip it!”
Once you do… You can open your mind up to a more successful business vision. You’ll see the positive results of those business strategies throughout your company.
Have a GREAT business day!
To your success!
Ready to improve and grow your business? Talk with Howard! – 888-738-1855 – Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners to MORE success – MORE profit – less stress. Get MORE from your business!
Also published on Linked Into Business.