Would you like to get every business day off to the right start? You can by considering just 4 words for MORE business success every day of the week.
As a CEO, president or business owner, you chase business success from the time you wake up in the morning till near the time you fall asleep at night. It’s your thought process and the direction you choose to take that will make a difference in your level of business success every day.
Here are 4 words for MORE business success every day:
- Focus: It can be really challenging to focus in today’s world. So many distractions. Things you need to do at home or at work. So many people vying for your attention. Even if you sit down thinking you’ll relax for a few minutes by going online you’re instantly bombarded by ads, articles and the endless 24/7 news cycle. As the saying goes – Time flies. You really need to know what you want to accomplish every business day. What you need to focus on in the morning; then re-evaluate what to focus on for the afternoon. Wrap up the day thinking about how best to be focused tomorrow.
To focus think about:
- What do I want to accomplish long term?
- What do I want to accomplish today?
If you know what you want to accomplish long term and you take care of whatever needs taken care of today, then everything will work towards those goals and outcomes. The key is knowing what outcome you are seeking every business day.
- Desire: How many sports events have you watched where in the last moments of the game a play is made that causes the team in the lead to have the lead suddenly snapped away from them. Ultimately, losing the game. The other team wanted to win more. When the opportunity presented itself the team took advantage of the moment. Why? Because the team had a desire to win the game.
The same is true with business. You have to really want to be successful every business day. You have to knock down any barriers to your success. You have to be willing to take the rejection yet not ever quit. Be able to bounce right back. Find the solutions to the business problems you face. Work through those issues. Always have the desire to find another way, a better way and direction to success. Don’t think solely about the problem. Rather, have the desire to find the solution for MORE business success with less stress in your business day.
- Results: You always need to be seeking better and better business results. If you’re not getting better results then you’re not focusing on the right things every day. You’re not in action in a way that will bring you the desired business results. When the same undesired results keep happening in your business day, over and over and over again, that’s just another definition for insanity. Results are what create MORE business success and profit at your company. Bottom line: You need to get results. If you’re not getting the business results you want for yourself and the company, then re-evaluate and update your business plan. Ask yourself: What do I really want from my business? This is an immensely important question to achieve the business results you want.
- Deliver: Always deliver what you say you will. Always deliver what you promise to yourself, your co-workers, your customers and business associates. Always, if possible, deliver more than thought possible. Always do your very best. If you don’t deliver, people will lose faith in you. People will lose trust in you. People won’t want to work or do business with you. The result? Stress, failure and constant turmoil every business day. Unfortunately, nothing much will happen. You can’t create business, success or profit with nothing.
Incorporate these 4 words into your business thought process every day. Jot the words down where they will be visible reminders to you throughout your busy day for MORE business success:
When you do, MORE business success will be yours.
As a CEO, president or business owner, may this be the best business year ever for you and your company!
To your success!
Ready to improve and grow your business? Need to talk strategy about business decisions? Talk with Howard! – 888-738-1855 – Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners across a wide range of industries throughout the United States. Get MORE from your business! Talk with Howard at: 888-738-1855.
Published as a guest post on Nimble.