If you think you need to hire an expensive, world famous guru to teach you all the latest and greatest techniques when it comes to running your business, think again. Granted there are times when it is appropriate to hire a business expert to help solve a particular business problem or business issue. But there are gurus all around you in your every day life and business encounters. You just need to observe your surroundings. Why? Because business answers are all around you for MORE success.
One of the first gurus to look at is a two year old child. A two year old child knows how to focus. If the two year old wants a cookie, even if the mother says “No”, the child will be persistent in achieving the goal of getting a cookie. The child is so relentless the mother breaks down and gives the child not one but two cookies. Now that’s determination! That is a child who knows how to close the sale!
Examples of business answers in every day life are everywhere.
- Are you reading out-of-town newspapers to study the ads and promotions that businesses in another city are using to bring customers in?
- Are you closely watching television and picking out the good commercials from the bad?
- Have you ever been tempted to buy anything as a result of those commercials?
- Are you doing market research to see what techniques businesses just like yours are using to sell products or services?
- Have you done internet research seeking information to help increase your marketing and sales efforts?
There are so many examples of opportunities around us to help us run better businesses that it is impossible to list them all.
When I go out to breakfast at the local pancake house, I get to watch a sales professional. Roseanne, a waitress, welcomes everyone as they walk through the door as though they are her long lost relatives and most favorite people in the world. Roseanne actually has a following of customers who come into the restaurant just to see her. Although I have never asked, I am sure her tips are significantly higher than the rest of the wait staff. Why? Because Roseanne knows how to work each and every table she serves with great customer service.
Being in business is about being consciously aware.
- Aware of what your customers want and need
- Aware of what the business competition is doing
- Aware of your employees and what motivates them
- Aware of yourself and how the company is managed
When you are out there in the world today, pay attention to all those unintended gurus of wisdom.
Remember: The business answers you are seeking are all around you for MORE success.
To your success!
Need answers to your business questions, business problems and business issues? Talk with Howard! – 888-738-1855 – Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners to MORE success – MORE profit – less stress.