Businesses that were strong enough to successfully ride out the years following the Great Recession yet didn’t make necessary adjustments as the economy, technology, business regulations and most importantly, the needs and attitudes of the customer changed are now facing the reality of their future. Some will survive and prosper. Others will survive in the short term but eventually will close their doors. Not nimble enough. Can’t adapt quickly enough.
As I talk to CEOs, presidents and business owners every day it is very apparent the business world is a very different place than it was. Faster. More innovative. More competitive than ever.
What side do you want to be on with your business?
Here’s 9 business questions every CEO, president and business owner should ask themselves:
1) What does your company do really well versus your competitors? In this competitive marketplace, your competitors may be doing your business a favor. It will make your company more aware of its strengths. Yet take nothing for granted. Capitalize on your strengths in the marketplace. Improve where necessary any perceived weakness.
2) However long you’ve been leading and running a business, are you willing to fight for what you have worked for all these years? This is a black and white answer. There is no grey. It’s either “Yes” or “No”.
3) Is your company giving you the business results you want? If the answer is yes: How do you maximize those business results? If the answer is no: Get in action today! Make a plan to turn things around.
4) What can you do right now, starting today, that will begin to make a positive difference in your business?
5) How many good customers or clients do you really need to improve your business profits? The number may surprise you.
6) How do you want the pain? Do you want the pain of going out of business on terms other than your own or do you want the pain of making your business a success? What makes business people successful is not a booming economy but having:
Will – Drive – Determination.
7) Do you communicate to other people you are ready to do business? Customers need what your company offers. Be assertive in getting the message out to them how your company has the answers and the solutions they need NOW.
Rethink. Retool. Reinvent.
8) What motivates you to make your business work? What motivates you to run a company that is profitable and successful?
9) Are you prepared, are you committed, to work smart and do the hard work it takes to run a successful business in today’s world?
The business challenges will continue.
Are you ready?
If so, as I always say:
Be in ACTION!
Make it HAPPEN!
To your success!
Howard Lewinter guides – focuses – advises CEOs, presidents and business owners to where they want to be with their business. If you’re not getting what you want out of your business. Or perhaps your business is on a winning streak and you’d like to continue the momentum, then call 888-738-1855 to set up a no cost, no obligation phone conference. Howard guarantees an interesting business conversation with ideas you can immediately begin to implement into your business for MORE success – MORE profit – less stress.